Sunday 2 March 2014

Make-up brushes 101

Skincare should be a regular part of your healthy lifestyle...


Often I am asked by my friends "how do I get my make-up to look so good?". My response is always "it's the brushes and how you use them!"

Many people assume that great makeup is because of the actual makeup, which is important, but not the only factor to great looking makeup. Your brushes play a huge part in perfecting your look.

I have compiled some a the basics for make-up brushes, including what each brush is used for,  and recommendations to help perfect your look. Let me know what you think!


Face


Foundation brush: A good foundation brush helps create a polished look with full coverage. Most brushes can be used with both liquid and cream foundations but always double check when buying this brush. I like Sephora Foundation Brush ($41.00)

Powder brush: The purpose of a powder brush is to evenly disperse your powder all over your face. I like to use Rodan + Fields ENHANCEMENTS Mineral Peptides Brush ($37.00). It is constructed of synthetic kabuki hairs and treated with a non-toxic, hypoallergenic solution so it literally repels and destroys bacteria.

Concealer brush: My favorite concealer brush if Bobbi Brown Concealer brush ($30.00). This brush is specifically shaped to reach into the tiniest corners and deposit the perfect amount of Creamy Concealer under your eyes. I love it because I’m almost 40…and those creases under my eyes continue to appear nightly. Lol.


Eyes

Eye Brow brush: Use a brush hat has an angled brush head. This brush helps shapes and define the natural look of your brows. I love Bobbi Brown Eye Brow Brush ($31.00)

Eye shadow brush: Use a good fluffy rounded brush that helps with not only applying your powder shadow but helps with blending. I use Mac 213 Fluffy Brush ($24.00) or Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow Brush ($36.00)

Angled Eye shadow brush: This brush is use to apply powdered shadow in the corner, in the crease or all over your lid…a really great for contouring and smudging. I use Bobbi Brown Angle Eye Shadow Brush ($36.00)  

Eye liner brush: I like to use this brush for dark Eye Shadow shades. This brush helps create a precise and even line. My favorite is 209 eye liner brush and the 210 Precise eye liner brush both from Mac ($20.00 each)

Eyelash brush: A good lash brush helps separate the lashes as you apply. For everyday use the brush that comes with your favorite mascara.


Cheeks


Blush brush: A good Blush brush will have a sof form and a full rounded shape perfect for shading and highlighting your cheeks and face with a powder lush. My favorite is Mac 116 Blush Brush ($35.00)

Bronzer brush: I like to use Marc Jacobs Bronzer Brush No 12. ($94.00) It’s an An extra large bronzer brush that gives your face and body a beautiful, sunkissed glow. It’s a larger brush than usual which is why it’s a big pricier…but worth every penny.




Lips:

Lip brush: A good lip brush can be used for wet or dry products. You want a brush that will provide precision when apply but most importantly a mess free storage, since this is likely the brush you will use the most regularly. Lip brushes are fairly inexpensive. Personally one of my favorites is e.l.f studio retractable lip brush ($3.00)









Hope this helps in your journey to perfecting your look.

...and remember, a healthy lifestyle includes skincare xo

No comments:

Post a Comment