Monday 24 March 2014

Mom...you were right about skincare!

skincare

My mom has great skin…Seriously, I won't reveal her age but she has amazing skin. For years she has purchased every age-defying product to ensure she still looks youthful. And truthfully, it has worked.

My parents recently had their portraits taken, and my sister and I joked how young my mom looked in comparison to my dad (Sorry Dad you still look great…love you xoxo!). My mom has changed products over the years but the daily and nightly regimen has always been there.

Now you would think that I would follow my mother's example by taking care of my skin, but the truth is, when we are young, we think WE know everything and our parents know nothing.

Now that I am a parent…all I can say if "Well played Karma, well played!"

When I was younger, I didn't even think to take care of my skin. I was what you would call a "Sun Bunny." I looooooved the sun. When I was a teenager, I used to use cooking oil on my body to tan. Seriously, how awful is that?? *Disclaimer - Healthy Skin Canada does not recommend using oil to tan!

Now that I am approaching my 40's I finally understand the importance of having a daily and nightly skin regimen. Oh, and the importance of a good sunscreen too.

I now use Rodan and Fields REVERSE regimen everyday and it has really helped me with reversing the sun damaged I received while in my teens and 20's.


skincare

No matter what products you use, it's so important to have a daily skincare regimen that is right for you. More importantly - it's never to early to start. The best wrinkle to have is the one you never get!!

I now wear sunscreen regularly, use my daily and nightly REVERSE Regimen, and where sunglasses regularly. (And not only because I love my Gucci sunglasses…well maybe a bit., but every bit helps!)

Now that I am 39…I finally get what my mom was talking about. And yes mom….I am wearing sunscreen…finally after 30 years of your bugging me…I finally get it! You were right.

Love you mom, and I hope I look as good as you at your age! xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog: http://totallylola2013.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete