Wednesday 5 March 2014

Why we have ridiculous standards of beauty in just 37 seconds


As a young girl, I use to look at advertisements and wish I could be as skinny and "perfect" as the women in the magazines.
What I didn't know at the time was that I was setting unrealistic expectations of myself. The women I was comparing myself too weren't real. What I mean is they didn't look like that in real life...but the media "tricks" us into thinking that they are real.
I love this video and think it should be shown in every health class in Canada. Advertising is truly the reason why we as women and men have ridiculous standards of beauty. This video does such a good job of showing young women that what you see in the magazines...isn't real.
Have a look for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment